- PLEASE NOTE: THIS BLOG PROJECT HAS CONCLUDED. -

For new material please visit my main blog, CHEESEBURGER BROWN: SCIENCE-FICTION STORY-WALLAH.

6/09/2005

Forest Flight


Have you ever had one of those days? Well, I haven't. At least, not until today. Or yesterday, I suppose. I don't know what time it is.

It's very dark.

The day began with breakfast in bed. I was surprised and delighted. Nurse Randa fixed my tea just the way I like it, which is just the way she taught me to like it. I also had crumpets, pears, bambloss sticks, and a bowl of hot cocoa.

Dr. Pent arrived with a package. "These are your clothes," he explained. "And your bits."

I frowned and brushed crumbs off my lap. "A change of pajamas?"

"Well, not exactly," smiled Dr. Pent. He opened the package, presenting a square of folded grey fabric that looked uncomfortably coarse. Beneath it seemed to be a short chemise and a thin fabric diaper. "This is a pretty dapper suit, Simon," commented the doctor.

I shrugged suspiciously. "And...bits?"

"Yes of course. Your telephone, your wallet, your plate." He placed three small trinkets on the bed.

"Which is which?" I asked.

He furrowed his brow. "Right. Well, this little bit here, yes, you place that behind your ear. Let me help you. Right behind the -- ah, perfect. Does that feel alright? Here, I'll give you a call..."

Simon of Space - a novel by Cheeseburger Brown
Dear all,

It's happened: the no-cost edition of this sci-fi novel has been taken offline in order to make room for the hard-cover printed edition from Ephemera Bound Publishing, on sale in stores and online beginning Valentine's Day, 2008.

I regret any disappointment. I kept the no-cost edition available as long as I could. Please be sure to check out the new edition! See Cheeseburger Brown.com for more information and updates.

Love,
Cheeseburger Brown

P.S. You can read more of my free fiction via my weblog or in the complete story achives.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous decreed...

Nice work, Great description of Simon's flight. I sense a novel out of this one.


Orick

Thu Jun 09, 11:55:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Dædalux decreed...

This story is amazing! I enjoyed Darthside for its wit, but I'm much happier to see you're now writing such compelling original material. I'll be sure to check back often.

Thanks,
D

Fri Jun 10, 12:00:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Sash decreed...

Addicted yet again......

Fri Jun 10, 08:36:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Deb decreed...

Simon, I feel for you, but can I have your bits?

Fri Jun 10, 11:01:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous decreed...

Outstanding work, I'm hooked again!

Fri Jun 10, 11:18:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous decreed...

Nitpicking typo: "Nurse Rand" S/B "Nurse Randa".

Enjoying this! Looking forward to more. Subscribed.

BTW, the SF part reminds me of Dan Simmons. Haven't decided who the voice reminds me of....

Fri Jun 10, 11:53:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Cardboard Knight decreed...

Shit... I accidentally read this one first. It made everything more interesting though. I really like this so far, i will read the others at another time. i am very tired right now!

-The Master of Splap

P.S. I a not sure if your are, but you sound and write like a professional author! i love this stuff!

Sat Jun 11, 12:18:00 AM EDT  
Blogger J. Francis Lehman decreed...

Ditto sash.

Sat Jun 11, 01:06:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous decreed...

Ah, the joy of reading the word "susurrus" somewhere besides the dictionary... It's a noun, though. May I suggest sough.

Sat Jun 11, 10:18:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous decreed...

This is genius... Isaac Asimov, the next generation!

You've inspired my own creative impulses to get off their asses and start writing again!

Dr. G

Sun Jun 12, 01:14:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Alan decreed...

Minor typo:

"It least it's something to talk to."

"It" should be "At".

Wed Jul 27, 02:07:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home