- PLEASE NOTE: THIS BLOG PROJECT HAS CONCLUDED. -

For new material please visit my main blog, CHEESEBURGER BROWN: SCIENCE-FICTION STORY-WALLAH.

6/20/2005

Hither And Thither, Bugs And A Beard


I awoke to rain drooling down the window, the light blue and feeble. I stirred but Glory said, "Stay still."

"Where's Pish?" I muttered, my mouth dry and cottony.

"He's safe. He's eating. Stay still."

"My neck hurts."

"For the sake of faeces will you keep your anus still?"

I considered this brain-teaser for a moment, my eyes adjusting to the shadows. Glory sat on the bed beside me. Her brown hair was drawn into a series of beaded braids which clicked together as she moved. Her hard eyes were fixed on my neck. As I awoke fully the dull pain in the wounds there became a strange, persistent itch -- a writhing tickling that became more intense with every breath. "What's going on? What are you doing to me?" I gasped, reaching for my neck...

Simon of Space - a science-fiction novel by Cheeseburger Brown
Dear readers,

Alas, it has come to be: the free, weblog-based version of this science-fiction novel has been taken offline in order to make room for the hard-cover printed edition from Ephemera Bound Publishing, on sale in stores and online beginning Valentine's Day, 2008.

I regret any disappointment. I kept the weblog-based version available as long as I could. Do be sure to check out the new edition! See Cheeseburger Brown.com for news and updates.

Love,
Cheeseburger Brown

P.S. You can read more of my free stories via my weblog or in the complete fiction achives.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous decreed...

Very cool, but what happened to the dog!!! I
could have sworn he was with you guys in the
prior hotel room!

Poor, left behind dog!!! :(

Love the fixer bugs. I want some.

Mon Jun 20, 02:53:00 AM EDT  
Blogger J. Francis Lehman decreed...

Yeah, what did hapen to ol' Fartles?

The euphemistic gymnastics on display here are positively Olympic class.

Mon Jun 20, 05:22:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Niels decreed...

I'm growing addicted to this. Seriously. I visit at least twice a day just to read the comments.

Call me paranoid... but there's something about the whole Glory thing I'm not liking. How did she know about the police chasing Simon, anyway?

Congratulations on the usage of anus, coitus and faeces, by the way.

Mon Jun 20, 06:54:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Dave decreed...

Good point.. where IS the dog!

Excellent story... hanging on till the next installment!

Mon Jun 20, 07:41:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous decreed...

Yeah, the dog did seem to disappear... I'm more amused with how optimistic Simon can be with all that's going on, of course he really doesn't know any better. Poor Simon. There's a wakeup call coming and it won't be pleasant I think...

Mon Jun 20, 09:01:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous decreed...

Glory knows about Simon because she and Pish were talking while Simon was in a fevered sleep.

I love your underworld imagery. Very bladerunner 'esque.

Mon Jun 20, 10:21:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Cheeseburger Brown decreed...

Dear all,

Dang it -- I only mentioned the dog in one passage, and I cut it. I'm an idiot.

Permit me an edit.

Love,

CheeseburgerBrown

Mon Jun 20, 11:11:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous decreed...

CBB, no big deal, I think we all knew that Fartles just didn't have anything big to do in this chapter. I just assumed he was around, but thanks for editing him back in ;) Lets me get rid of that and concentrate on wondering who's *good* and who's *bad*...

Back to impatiently waiting.. *attempts to build time machine to see what happens next*

Mon Jun 20, 12:12:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Niels decreed...

"Fartles wagged his tail."

And the crowd goes wild!

To be honest, I hadn't even noticed that the dog was missing. We can't all be Fartlefans, ya know.

Mon Jun 20, 01:00:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous decreed...

Missed ya over the weekend Mr. Brown! Thanks for posting, this conctinues to be a fun story. I'll be greatly intrigued as to how Simon deals with a gateway.
Hopefully he won't crap himself again.
Thank God for Fartles! He always adds a breath of fresh... Err Fun and simple humanity to the story.

SV

Mon Jun 20, 01:28:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown decreed...

Ahh poor Simon. He's found a 'good woman to take care of them'/use him and leave him.

Loved the bit about the beard, and how he thought it might have to do with Pish being in his care. The simplicity of his newborn mind is great.

Mon Jun 20, 09:56:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous decreed...

So. Hooked.

Love it muchly. Adore your use of language. I've been dying to call someone anus or coitus today, but I have wisely left the use of those words to you.

Cheers to Fartles.

Tue Jun 21, 01:43:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous decreed...

Damn, I am SO addicted to your stories, Dude!
Book... you badly need to publish. Now.

Also, thanks for bringing Fartles back in. :)

I have dogs, so when there is something dog-less
about a normally doggy situation, I know something
is wrong!

I hope you weren't hurt by the whole "where is
Fartles?" thread that started.

However, it is a sign that you have quite the
following when EVERYONE notices the fact that
the farting dog is missing!!! :)

Tue Jun 21, 01:54:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous decreed...

This can only bode well.

This is going to end badly...

Tue Jun 21, 08:34:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home